Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lady Gaga for Rolling Stone's June Cover

                   
 Lady Gaga covers the June issue of Rolling Stone to promote her new album Born this Way, and she's rocking a peach hue which gives the Lady an all-over glow.
 The new issue of Rolling Stone, on stands and in the digital archive on May 27th, includes an in-depth cover story of Lady Gaga by writer Brian Hiatt and photographed by Ryan McGinley.
 The Judas singer got up close and personal with the Rolling Stone`s stuff as they followed her on Monster Ball Tour, revealing: "When I am not onstage I feel dead. Whether that is healthy or not to you, or healthy or not to anyone, or a doctor, is really of no concern to me. I don't feel alive unless I'm performing, and that's just the way I was born."
 Like her Rolling Stone cover from last summer, this one features Gags in a leather bra. Unlike the other cover, she is not holding two big guns. But she does have a hair bow! The hair bow is Gaga trademark hairdo, except this particular bow is a bit looser and a lot redder than its previous incarnation, but lovable  nonetheless.
 
Check out a few more stunning shots of Gaga for Rolling Stone's June issue, and what she had to share with the magazine right after the jump ...



















 Gaga on first finding fame: "Being myself in public was very difficult. I was being poked and probed and people would actually touch me and touch my clothes and be like, 'What the fuck is that,' just so awful. It was like I was being bullied by music lovers, because they couldn't possibly believe that I was genuine."


 On her dedicated "Little Monsters": “We have this umbilical cord that I don't want to cut, ever. I don't feel that they suck me dry. It would be so mean, wouldn't it, to say, 'For the next month, I'm going to cut myself off from my fans so I can be a person.' What does that mean? They are part of my person, they are so much of my person. They're at least 50 percent, if not more."


















 On being extravagant for attention purpose: "I have attention," she says, and begins addressing her critics directly. "Is it that you believe that I am attention-seeking or shock for shock's sake, or is it just that it's been a long time since someone has embraced the art form the way that I have? Perhaps it's been a couple of decades since there's been an artist that's been as vocal about culture, religion, human rights, politics. I'm so passionate about what I do, every bass line, every EQ. Why is it that you don't want more from the artist, why is it that you expect so little, so when I give and give, you assume it's narcissistic?"

No comments:

Post a Comment